54k Members

Strange red bumps on inner thigh and Red scrotum

Hi, any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a strange issue that comes and goes, no real reason why.

As you can see in the pictures, my scrotum is very red, mostly on the outskirts and towards the center, it varies in brightness, itches occasionally but not enough to be worried about.

There are red spots on either side of my thigh, look like it has spread from my scrotum to the thigh area, not itchy, not raised.

I've seen a skin specialist about this at my local gp, she says its nothing serious, may be a form of mild eczema, she gave me no real answers as to what it was, ive had it before and it went away after a few months on its own, no cream seemed to affect it.

I would like some opinions please, what on earth could it be? I use a shower emollient not shower gel, i keep the area dry. i used to use talc but was advised to stop and it came back anyway so that doesnt change anything.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!