Stretch Marks

Okay sooo...I'm only 17 and I only weigh 115 lbs BUT I have had these deep purple stetch marks around my inner thighs and around my hips. I don't look fat to other people but when I look at myself I can see just how bad these areas are. I can pinch a good three inches off my waist and a good 6 or 7 off my thighs. I've had them for a long time now, about three years and I don't know how to get rid of them. I've tired losing weight in a shameful way but it didn't work...so I've been working out more but I just get too tired easily plus I get sick alot. Does anyone know any kinda product I could use? Or what kinda diet would be healthier to go on to help me?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin. It is common in rapid gaining or losing of weight, pregnancy, puberty, cushings syndrome and overuse of steroids.

Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy ,nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy and dermabrasion, alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. For that you need to consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Helpful - 0
I don't think you can get rid of the stretch marks - unless laser treatments or something of that sort can help (I don't know).  But zinc deficiency and high cortisol levels are two reasons people get stretch marks.  Look it up on the internet.  Do you have white spots on your fingernails (zinc deficiency)?  Many people need a gluten free diet to start absorbing zinc again.  Look into it and see what rings a bell for you.  Good luck and hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
Not sure what you budget is but you could try
-Pure cocoa Butter
-Aloe vera gel
-Vitamin E oil (there are two types so make sure you pick the right one) Rose hip oil, is claimed to heal people who have  surgerical scars or been i accidents leaving their skin damaged and skin problems so maybe thats you best bet ;try and do a little research on them see which one suits you best.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community