Sudden freckle-like rash on legs and feet - supposedly not petechiae

About a week ago I noticed a sudden "outbreak" of freckle-like spots on my feet and legs, which is something I've never had before. As I have low platelets (a condition that runs in my family), I immediately thought that this was a petechial rash and went to my hematologist yesterday. The hematologist however said that it doesn't seem to be petechiae which really surprised me, and has left me totally stumped as to what this could be.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/PA5nc

The spots are totally painless, don't itch, and aren't raised. They don't go past my knee from what I can tell, but unfortunately because I have so many freckles as it is, I'm having trouble telling the difference between what's normal freckling and what's actually rash.

Hoping someone here might have insight for me. Thanks in advance!