Tattoo Redness.

Hi. I just got a tattoo on my fore arm, and it is really red around it and swollen. I have no idea if this is normal. The Tattoo itself is scabbed, but it's also flaky. Some of the color ripped out of it actually, which I am not happy about. But anyways. It hurts, and it's very itchy but there is no red bumps. I have no idea if this is an allergic reaction, infection or if it's just irritated because it's new. I have been putting Tattoo Goo on it and Aquafor, I've been cleaning it with the tattoo goo soap and anti bacterial soap.

I have no clue when the scabs are supposed to start falling off, but it's flaking.

I have aquafor on it now
From the symptoms of rash, there is a possibility of an allergic reaction to the dye of the tattoo. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist as antihistaminics and steroids may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.