Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Thin/Fine Hair in Toddlers

My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and has thin/fine hair. She doesn't have any medical conditions, Thank God and is a happy and healthy little girl. However, her hair is so thin/fine. I give her multivitamins as directed by her dr. and she eats eggs. I know this is the texture/nature of her hair due to genetics but is there anyway I can help her locks?
1 Responses
1340994 tn?1374193977
It is genetics, but one thing you might want to do to optimize the strength of her hair and yours is find out what the city adds to your water.  Some cities add chlorine and some add a combination of chlorine and ammonia (chloramine).  You could get a water filter for the house or just the shower that filters out whichever you have.  If they add ammonia, the filter for that is much more expensive, so it's important to find out before buying.  

Even if you have well water, consider getting a water filter for safety and to control the amount of minerals in the water.  Some minerals dull hair too.  
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions