Thug Bugs

I've recently contracted an infestation of bugs that look like flakes of salt or pepper. they are barely visable at first but bite right away.  They behave like fleas in the sense that they jump and pop between my finger nails when I kill them.  In their adult stage they look like a cross between friut flies and mosquitos.  I went to see several docors and dermatologists about this problem.  One doctor told me it was scabies, another told me it might be fleas, although they refused to actually look at the bugs to be sure of what they were.  One doctor told me to go home, take a bath, and hire someone to clean my house.  She reccomended a phsyciatrist and proceeded to ask me if I was on drugs.  None of the above are true in my case.  I have found that cold baths seem to either kill or paralyze them.  I clean the floors with a rag and cold water regularly.  I also clean the counter tops the same way.  air conditioning (the colder the better) seems to kill or paralyze them as well.  I wash my clothes and bedding in cold water every day.  The mattresses and furniture are wrapped in plastic and completely sealed in packing tape and I wipe them completely down with cold water everyday.  This has been a nightmare for me.  Its cost me a small fortune to buy natural and chemical remedies that don't work.  I hardly sleep.  I hardly eat and I spend the entirtey of my day hunting the bugs down.  I've read on the net that applecider vinager may help.  You mix 3/4 applecider vinigar with 1/4 water and spray everything down with it.  I take about three cold baths a day.  They only seem to like me.  They multiply rapidly.  On me they seem to prefer living under my fingernails, bottoms of my feet, in between my toes, in my genitals.  They don't bite me in those places though.  They like to bite me mostly on my arms and legs, cheeks and back.  Prior to the cold baths, I used to feel them crawling in my ears, on my head and on my eyelashes, feet and genitals.  Don't listen those negative responders.  I've seen them and I know they are real.

good luck

This discussion is related to I definitely have some sort of bug/mite/flea infestation..
BUGGED OUT, I BELIEVE YOU!

It has been suggested to me by a psychiatrist that I have psychosis because I'm plagued by bugs crawling & biting me but when I brush them away, I don't see anything!

I have had this problem off & on for many years! However, after reading your post, I began checking my fingernails & hands when I scratch or brush the bugs away & discovered that there are actually bugs! They are very small--some are like flecks of black, brown & white pepper, some are reddish-orange and I've even seen some green ones! I've seen some with antennae.

I have carpets & I feel them jumping around my ankles and feet when I'm walking in my apartment. I don't think they 'live' under my fingernails but when I scratch, they get caught under my nails & get on my hands.

I thought maybe it was fleas but I don't have pets. Then I thought maybe it was bed bugs but when I checked the internet, I'm positive that I don't have those because I thoroughly checked my furniture & beds & saw no signs.

I'm so freaked out about these bugs. I'm very sensitive to chemicals, so I don't want my landlord to spray--the landlord has sprayed for ants before but the effect didn't last long.

I've tried all sorts of natural remedies. I've tried spraying tea because the tannin is supposed to break down the hard outer shells. I've also tried vinegar washes, salt, soaps, enzyme detergents, pepper, cinnamon, peppermint, bay leaves, hot water, various body & foot powders, scouring powder (the powder contains silica which is supposed to scratch the outer shells & dehydrate them), bleach powder, orange essential oil, lemon juice, rubbing alcohol, tea tree oil & menthol gel--all to no avail!

I've washed myself down with rubbing alcohol but it didnt' do any good. I've even washed my hair & body with Denorex shampoo because I thought the smell might deter them but it didn't work. The menthol in the shampoo gave me some short relief from the itching but it didn't last long & the stuff stinks! I even used the shampoo to shampoo the carpets but all it did was make the apartment smell.

I bought some tea tree oil & beeswax cream & slathered myself with it because tea tree oil works for lice, so I thought it would deter these pests but they seem to like it & are attracted to it! They are driving me crazy! They crawl all over me & they bite! I feel them in my ears, in my nose, my eyelashes & all over my body.

I don't know why they are attracted to me...Nobody else can feel these bugs or is being bitten. I must give off something like a chemical in my sweat or something that attracts bugs because mosquitoes are also drawn to me. I've caught some of the bugs & I'm storing them in a pill container with rubbing alcohol so I can show my psychiatrist that I'm not hallucinating! The bugs are so small that it is difficult to get them into the container though & sometimes when I get some in my fingernails, they jump away before I can get them in the container. I want to show them to someone in pest control to find out what they are...

I think I will have to relent & get my landlord to spray & I hope I get some relief!

Bugged Out, I wish you luck & I hope you get some relief soon!
I just ran across some info on the net about these bugs & the description fits what I've been experiencing with tiny black bugs that look like pepper specks but some look like tiny bits of hair & they have various colors! These bugs are called, "Black Pepper Mites" & can be mistaken by doctors for scabies or bed bugs.

I've tried some of the remedies suggested on the site, like sprinkling salt around, even bathing in a salt solution & dosing myself with rubbing alcohol but I'm going to try Borax next. I hope it works!

This link lists how to get rid of "Black Pepper Mites":

Good luck!
Hi again, Buggedout,

Sorry, but the web address didn't post. The site suggested to spray everything down with Windex & then use something called, hi-yeild sulfer.

Anyway, try looking up "Black Pepper Mites" on the net for possible remedies that may work for you...

I think I'm going to shampoo the carpets with my enzyme cleaner called "Biomix 7 in 1". I tried sprinkling it around the windows and floors but I'll try washing the rugs with it. I bought some from the Salvation Army thrift store & it's powerful stuff. It can be used for anything like dishes & laundry.

Maybe the torture will end with enzymes!
  It's good to know that some one believes me.  Thank you.  I've tried a lot of the things that you tried, including taking a boiling hot bath with bleach like a doctor suggested, but none of it worked for me either.  They do seem to like tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil doesn't really help either.  We've tried salt on the carpet but it didn't work.  It's been suggested to me that they might be midges (also known as no-see-ums).  From my understanding there are no known natural remedies but they also seem to be highly resistant to chemical agents.  I'll try borax and high yeild sulfer and biomix 7 in 1 if I can locate any.  One last note:  They really like moisture and humidity. They don't like circulating air ( i.e. from fans or breezes, etc).  

Thanks for tha advice and lots of luck to you as well.
Hello again.  I wanted to let you know that my daughter gave me some kind of stress relief massage oil.  It's been keeping the bugs off of me pretty well (so far).  Its called    
    Organics by Noah's Naturals,  stress relief massage oil.  My daughter bought it at longs but i think you can go on to noahsnaturals.com to find it as well.

Good luck
I have seen the small town I live in become an itchy nightmare for the last two years. Besides the open scratching and wiping invisible cobwebs from the face and head, A red rash around the center of the face is the most obvious sign as well as a rash around the collar. Washing the face with fairly hot water relieves these symptoms but a slight rosieness remains at the lower edge of the nose.
I believe this is caused by a microscopic parasite which is highly contagious. Therefor, it would follow that ,unchecked, the parasite will inhabit the entire community. I believe this has already occurred and so your spouse has it (they aint talkin') as well as the doctor (he says it is psycological) and even Obama has it.
I recommend that you treat this problem rather than to simply endure it as you will be able to relax and also get a good nights sleep. A hot shower at night and straight to a clean bed (Hot clothes dryer sanitizes bedding).During the day, wash entire head in hot water when burning or itching occur there. You will have to do this a lot sometimes. Vaseline applied to the ankles and calves when you feel like something is crawling there.
Since everyone has it, you will never completely rid yourself of it but at least you can live more comfortably armed with these simple tools.
As another posted, they like heat and moisture. A little sweat on the back and instant itching. Moisture in the ears and it feels like crawling. Sometimes inside the nose itching can be relieved only by flushing with warm water.
When a cure for this finally arrives, it will not be due to any help from the family practitioner who calls it psycological even tho he has it. This site is the first place I have seen this malady discussed so any credit for unmasking this thugbug is due to this forum.