54k Members

Tiny red dots on feet?

Hi, I'm a 24 year old female, and just a few days ago, I noticed a fair amount of tiny red dots on my feet. They don't blanch when I press on them, and they don't hurt or itch. Some of them are slightly raised. I don't know how long they've been there, but I just now noticed them.

See, at first I thought it might be flea bites since my cat sleeps on my bed, and I decided to look up if flea bites could cause that. Instead, I read all kinds of terrifying conditions, and I've been terrified ever since. I have very bad hypochondria and General anxiety disorder, and all I've been doing for the last few days is shake and cry and worry. I did go to the doctor a couple days ago, and he took a look and said it's nothing to worry about. He figured it was inflamed hair follicles from dry skin, but I'm not so sure since a tiny one appeared on the sole of my foot. But my anxiety keeps making me think he was wrong, and that I should go back and demand a blood test. I think he's sick of me by now though; I've visited his office quite a bit over the last three months because I kept feeling like I had a UTI.

Anyway, I have anxiety medicine but I'm just so scared that it isn't helping much. everyone keeps reassuring me I'm ok but I'm just so scared. I don't know what to do. I keep looking at my feet, and I can't tell if I'm getting more or if I'm looking at the same ones. I hate living in fear like this. I don't have any other noticeable differences with my body other than these tiny red dots, but I keep convincing myself of the worst possible scenario. (Sorry this got really long but I don't have anyone I can talk to without them getting annoyed with my tendencies to worry)
What you need to do right now is unplug your internet. Then you should stop looking at your feet. Do something pleasant instead, like reading or hanging out with your friends.