Triamcinolone for baby

Hi, I applied Hydrocortisone .5% on my 6 month old baby for eczema 3 or 4 times in a month (never to his face).  Also applied triamcinolone .1 % 3 times after a week of using hydrocortisone (never to his face).  No one explained to me in detail how to apply these.  I am upset because I now believe my baby never needed these in the first place.  I actually stopped using these and tried bath treatments along with lotions and Vaseline which helped keep the eczema at bay until it finally went away at 10 months of age.  The last time I used triamcinolone I had applied it to his back, neck, behind ears, and scalp.  He never had visible signs of eczema behind ears or scalp but just scratched them a lot.  The next day his face looked different.  One cheek looked thinner, he developed very dry flaky, scabby skin on forehead and dry skin around mouth for weeks.  This has subsided and he looks a lot better but his skin still seems different.  The skin around his eyes off and on will look fine then looks dry and red or have dark circles with wrinkles sometimes. His skin tone/color is not as nice as it used to be.  Seems a little more pale than he used to be and skin texture doesn't look as smooth as it used to when looking at it closely.  Although most people say he looks good.  I guess I notice these things more because I'm his mom and when I nurse him I tend to notice things more closely than anyone.  Is it possible his face is damaged even though I didn't apply anything to his face?  I feel I used the triamcinolone incorrectly by applying to large areas at once.  I get depressed about this from time to time.  I feel guilty too that I allowed myself to apply steroids to my baby when I am supposed to protect him.
Actually the potency,area, and the period of application have a role in steroid induced local and systemic reactions.Face, genital area,eyelids absorb enormous area of steroid than other areas. The infant and the small child have a larger skin surface area a and thus absorb more.
The local reactions would settle in time.But during application the more serious is HPA axis suppression during which the child or person stops producing adrenal steroids due to exogenous supply.This could lead to serious trouble when steroid is stopped.
Be thankful that no such thing has happened.
Cheers!