Unbareable Itching

Recently, I've been diagnosed with mononucleosis. I had developed a rash on my whole body, but is slowly fading and you can now only barely see traces of it on my back and stomach. However, my arms and legs have started to ich relentlessly, but there is no evidence of rash or other problems. The itch is unbearable, and has ben preventing me from sleeping! We have tried almost everything, from different antihistamines, anti-itch lotions, and even oatmeal baths, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what this is, or what I could do to relieve it?
For such an itchy skin without any rash, treatment is by oral antihistamines. The most potent antihistamine, however, is probably the anti-depressant doxepin. You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing.

if the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get internal causes like liver causes ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.