Avatar universal

Unique skin and hair disorder

Let me give you my full scope of odd things that have happened to me in the past two years. Two years ago my hair started thinning diffuse on the top. No big deal, a few months later i noticed a lot of dandruff. 6 months after that the sides of my scalp started to thin a little bit. Then my eyebrows started thinning the same way my hair did. Now i can visibly see hair falling out all over my scalp but the thing that worries me the most is the hair falling from my eyebrows. My scalp flakes a lot and it always produces these little hard keratinized bulbs when the hair falls our.Other symptoms include eyelash fall, styes on my eyes, small pimples on my face, changes in my skin, itchy forehad, bleeding scalp, and beaus lines on my nails, along with minor pitting. My scalp is extremely itchy as well. Ive already come to terms with my hair loss on the top of my scalp, but I dont want to loose the hair on my sides or my eyebrows!! please help!!!!

2 Responses
Avatar universal
Also i am of indian decent, and I have had all blood work done for protien stds and thyroid. Everythign was perfect. My family has a history of psoriasis, but nothing near the severety of what is happening to me
563773 tn?1374246539
I cannot confirm anything without examination but one possibility is of seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face.

The other possibility is of alopecia totalis, ( in this there is hairfall of scalp as well as eyebrow and eyelashes), blepharitis especially seborrhiec blepharitis, icthyosis or leprosy. Blepharitis is an ocular disease characterized by chronic inflammation of the eyelid margins. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get all these possibilities evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions