A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

Unusual Rash

Hi there,

I've just started having these red rashes yesterday night right before i sleep. I felt itchiness on my legs and face. When i scratched them, the rashes would become bigger. However, after a couple of hours the rashes would disappear.  

Came to this morning, no more rashes were seen up until this evening. It seems to have gotten serious and it hit spot around my armpits, in between thighs, my neck, and a few red spots on my face. Though the bigger rashes such as those on my armpits have not gone yet, the smaller rashes on my face disappeared within after 3 hours.

Just to put it to test to see if its anything normal, i scratched a part of my body which wasn't itchy or had any rashes. Upon half an hour later, rashes and red spots started to form on that area.

Can anyone tell me what is this that I'm having? Is it hives? Why does it come and go within few hours and only happens at night (2 nights already).
Also, can anyone explain if scratching on a 'clean' area and have red spots/rashes afterwards?

Thanks!!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions