Very itchy skin rash

I have a very itchy skin rash that continues to spread. It started on my right leg with a couple of what looked like bug bites. But as I scratched it spread to my left leg and looked like impetigo. So my doctor gave me clindamycin. The infection went away but the rash was still there. Another doctor said it looked like mites and prescribed me premethrin, but I broke out in hives after using it. The rash then spread to my forearms. I have had 4 rounds of antibiotics and going on my 3rd round of prednisone and the creams they keep giving me are not working. One dermotologist even prescribed me dapsone because he thinks it dermatitis herpetiformis. But I don't have celiac disease or IRB syndrome. My biopsies came back inconclusive - could be a virus or allergic drug reaction. Now the rash has spread to my torso and it is extremely itchy. Nothing is working. Does anybody have any thoughts. I'm waiting on my blood work to come back because my primary and I are just starting a process of elimination.
Most of the causes have been ruled out, even scabies was a possibility but whether any blood test was done for scabies as well? Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.
In that case, if scabies turns out positive then instead of permethrin other treatment can be started.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.