Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

Very red, irritated skin on penis

So it turns out that I had or have a male yeast infection. It's been going on for a few days now and I have been using creams and all the at home remedies. Today the doctor said it looked pretty much cleared up but gave me diflucan just in case. The itching has stopped but I still have very red irritated skin on the underside of my penis. It doesnt really hurt any more to the touch, but I', just wondering what the best thing to do to clear it the quickest would be.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
This redness of the fungal infection should go away slowly. Don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the redness persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions