MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

What is this

I have dry, flaking, itching, irritated, tender & red skin on my left inner (upper) thigh. I have had this for a few weeks now and today it's kind of red. It seems to feel worse at night when I am trying to sleep. I try to pat it dry after showering and I do change underwear every day. I haven't discussed this with a doctor. I would like to be able to treat this on my own at home and get rid of this ugly & uncomfortable problem. What could this be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

It can be due to dermatitis skin. You need to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment is diagnosis specific.
You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion or cream with zinc oxide paste applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
I am a 25 (almost 26) year old female.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community