What treatment was effective for your scalp ringworm?

Scalp ringworm must be treated with oral antifungal medications to penetrate the hair follicle and eliminate the scalp ringworm. Children may return to school once they have started oral therapy.Griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grisactin) has been the drug of choice since 1958 because of its safety. This medication also comes in a liquid formula which makes it easier to administer to children. The usual dose involves taking the medicine every day with a fatty meal to enhance absorption for six to eight weeks. Therapy should continue until the ringworm is gone and you are told to stop by your physician. Occasionally a scalp culture may be performed to confirm that no fungi are present. Side effects caused by griseofulvin, such as headaches and GI disturbances, are rare. Routine liver and other blood test monitoring is not necessary for healthy children with scalp ringworm.The following are available to those who are allergic to or not responsive to griseofulvin:Itraconazole (Sporanox)Fluconazole (Diflucan)Terbinafine (Lamisil)For inflammatory scalp ringworm: Prednisone during the first 10-15 days of treatment can be added for symptom relief, but no data have shown an increase in cure rate.Many physicians recommend adding an antifungal shampoo during the early period of the treatment.
i av had ringworm it is going to ten years all d drugs i take including fulcin is not working for me pls what do i do
My son has had ringworm for about a month now I have taken him to the doctor and he prescribed him with the medicine by mouth and the shampoo.
i want to know the name of drugs. usees in the children's ringworm........
does ringworm on your scalp make your feet itchy
I had ringworm of the scalp and I just wash my hair with apple cider vinegar diluted with water and a squirt of lemon juice. I would then massage lotrimin cream before bed to my scalp. 2-3 times per week for 2 week and it's gone. Vinegar does not aggravate it like the author says, but helps tremendously as a home/inexpensive solution
medication for ringworms in adults
Approximately two years ago I started to develop what has now turned into full blown fungi infection of my scalp and 3 locations in my goat tee. (Beard) Reading on line it sounds like Black Dot Ringworm.  I also get the boggy swollen nodules that produce liquid and create subsequent nodules in the same area. I am convinced at times I had fever and vomiting. My local physician prescribed turbinafine oral and a prescription shampoo. However after taking the turbinafine I actually have more breakouts. I am afraid my spouse may be infected but she insists she is not.  I am very concerned for both of us.  We don't have insurance and need a culture tested.  I am scared for both of us.
My daughter has had her ringworm for about a month. It spread to other spots. She has to take liquid antibiotics for almost two months and medicated shampoo and cream.