What will bring down an inflammed cyst?

I have had an inflamed cyst for about a month and a half now. My dermatologist has twice injected it with cortisone. The inflammation goes down significantly for about a week or so, but returns to pre-injection size thereafter. Is the cortisone only a temp solution until something more permanent can take over? I'm also taking antibiotics. So far no results after a week. What will bring this sucker down permanently, aside from removing it surgically?
You could ask him to lance it so it will drain, and take a sample to have the bacteria typed and know exactly what is needed to get rid of it. It usually does take time for anti-biotics to do its job in my experiences with cysts. Hope this helps you.
Thanks RJ233

I don't think I can drain it because it is very hard. You're probably right (I hope, for my sake) about the antibiotics. I should be a bit more patient.

Inflammed cyst,  also known as sebacious, epidermal or keratin cyst is a closed sac under the skin filled with a cheese-like or oily material. These most often arise from swollen hair follicles and  are usually found on the face, neck, and trunk. Sebaceous cysts are not dangerous and can usually be ignored. Placing a warm moist cloth over the area may help the cyst drain and heal. In your case, injection with a steroid medicine usually reduces the swelling. A more permanent solution is by  surgically removing the cyst. If not treated with antibiotics, these may form painful abscesses. Antibiotic treatment, indeed, takes time for effects to be seen. But it is important that you finish the prescribed time to prevent antibiotic resistance. To minimize scarring, laser treatment may also be used. Keep the area clean and dry and avoid manipulating the lesion  to prevent secondary infection.

Take care and regards.

Update:

First of all, I should mention that the cyst was an epidermal inclusion cyst a little under a centimeter in diameter on my upper lip between my mouth and my nose. About a week ago, I went to see an oral surgeon about removing it through my mouth. This is an aesthetically sensitive area, so I wanted to eliminate any chance of scarring. I went ahead with the surgery, and it worked out great. He took out the cyst, and you can't even tell it was there.
i have had 6 cysts removed from my face.  the last 3 left awful scars on both cheeks and forehead, the microscopic pathology states i have partially disrupted follicular infundibular cyst. it also keratin filled thin wall and is partially disrupted with adjacent areas of granulomatous  dermatitis and nests with extruded keratin.  PLEASE someone tell me what this means.
                                   thank you,  paula
I have had 2 cysts in my life, the first one was removed surgically, the second, by cortisone injection. If I ever get a third, the surgery will be my first choice.

I went in for the surgery, laid down on a bed, doctor came in, froze me, cut me open and was done in minutes. 15 minutes max. The only thing I can suggest about this method is make sure your surgeon knows where to place scars. The doctor I had made the incision to one side of the cyst there for making my scar directly line up with my hair line. Today, it's completely invisible. If it's on your face, he would have to make the incision from a wrinkle to wrinkle. Anywhere else, I'm not sure. This is my first choice if I ever get a cyst again, quick, painless, perfect procedure.

The second cyst I got I had the option to try a cortisone shot first. A few needles, I thought what's the big deal. First of all, you leave the doctors office with a bump twice the size, dis colored and swollen. Get it injected with cortisone and then you wish you had the original bump. The constant burning as well for 2 days. And the slow slow results.

Just ask to get it surgically removed, it's covered by health insurance. Takes 15 minutes and you see results instantly. It's absolutely painless, and yep. Can't recommend it enough at all.