What would cause Crystal-Like pimples on the top of feet?

This is for my Wife.  About 4 years ago she started getting these very small, sharp bumps on the top of her feet.  Only on the top and it now covers most of the top of both feet.  To the Eye, you can barely see them, but to the touch you can feel hundreds of small (sharp) bumps.  It is not spreading (staying on her feet only).  She has seen one Doctor (Derm), but they could not diagnose it.  They gave her a few medical creams to try, but no effect.

They don't itch.  They don't hurt, They are not red.  They appear to be skin color with maybe a white tip (again very small so hard to see).

If I were guessing, I would think it was some sort of Gout condition.  But the doctor did not think that was the case.  Open to any suggestions.