This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

White pasty dischange under foreskin

I  am 21 years old, not circumscized.I have been battling with (probably) a yeast infestion on the head and foreskin of my penis for about 2-3 months( 2 weeks canesten, comes back after 7 days, 3 weeks canesten, comes back afer 1 week,etc). First, is there something to do? and now I stopped putting cream on, but when I masturbate there are white pasty pellets that form under my foreskin(quite a few)and it never did that before. What are these and how can I treat it? thanks.
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1760976 tn?1315414082
Dear rupert22,

Thanks for writing in.

This is a very common problem. It is called smegmitis.

Basically, it is an allergy to the normal penile secretion called smegma.

Smegma is a fluid that is continuously secreted by the penile glands. It tends to get accumulated under the uncircumsized foreskin and sometimes it may cause an allergy and produces symptoms akin to a yeast infection. Usually, no treatment is required.

My suggestion would be to clean the penis with normal tap water and simple soap 2-3 times daily for a fortnight or so.

This may help you to a great extent. Do not use any creams or canesten as you have already have received enough drugs. This doesn’t sound like an yeast infection to me.

You may go to a dermatologist and get yourself tested for yeast infection (scraping) if this doesn't help.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Gaurang Krishna
Discussion is closed