Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

White rash

I am being covered with what I call a rash. It is white, and the appearance varies. In some places there are hard, raised bumps. It is everywhere. It does not itch. I've tried everything, changed detergents, bath soap, different kinds of diets. The ones on my face are hard and flat. Does anyone know what this is?
1 Responses
Hi

It would be difficult to assess without having a look at the lesions. However, it seems from your description that the lesions might be some kind of allergic eruptions, milia, heat rash, skin infections / contact dermatitis.

Hives are usually allergic caused by food and insect stings also besides medication or cosmetics. Sometimes they may also be due to infections, heat, cold or stress (emotional / physical). Many a times no specific cause for them is ever found. They usually go away on their own after sometime, but in a few cases persist and medicine might be needed. The most commonly used oral treatments are antihistaminics (such as cetirizine, loratidine, benadryl available over the counter).

Milia, also known as milk spots are pearl-like whiteheads (may look like small grains of sand). They occur across the upper cheeks, under eyes, nose or chin and sometimes on the genitalia.  They are benign, keratin-filled cysts seen in people of all ages. Milia are formed directly from sloughed-off skin and usually found on the faces of infants and adults.
They can result from use of harsh cosmetics or heat stress from sunlight or hot showers.

You should consult a doctor (or a cosmetologist) for diagnosis and treatment.

Take care

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions