Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Why does my groin area keep getting dry and flaky

So around February of this year I had an itchy groin area after a bike ride, I thought it may just be saddle soreness so stayed off the bike for a week. But it got worse so I bought some anti-fungle cream thinking that will sort it but again it made it worse because it made the area hot and wet. So after 3 weeks I gave up on the fungle cream and started using pure tea tree oil and it started to ease away but was still flaky so I booked an appointment with my local doctor. After explaining the problem to him he had a quick 1 minuet look and said its a fungle problem, so he gave me another cream which seemed to work. The problem seemed to go but every now and then it would be a little itchy and I would noticed a small circle of dry skin. This kept happening on and off for a few a months, the circle area would dry up then go after a few days. Its now October and the problem has come back again! I've had this nearly a year now and im sick of it. I cant even do any sporting activities because it seems to flair the problem up again. Seeing as the tea tree oil worked I have doubts on weather it was a fungle problem after all, but what else could it be? I don't suppose there's anywhere that I could maybe send a few skin flakes to have tested privately to see if these is any fungle problem? because if I go back to my doctor his just going to send me away with the cream again. I have pictures but where can i upload them.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions