Why does my skin scar so badly

I have problems with excessive scarring and oftentimes it seems unprovoked. I will get a little nick or a small bump that I didn't even know that I had until I look down and see a new scar. I've heard that if you pick with scabs or pop zits or scratch, it can cause scarring; but Im talking about small bumps in the middle of my back or on my butt that I didn't even know were there to scratch or pick at them. These small bumps turn into scars that were bigger than the original bump. It's frustrating. I want to start modeling, but I'm afraid I won't be able to because of the excessive scars. It's really depressing because no matter how great of a shape I am in, it's difficult to be fully confident when showing different parts of my body. Is there a vitamin, mineral or a food that I can eat that decreases the chance of scarring. Also, I have been using shea and cocoa butter for 11 years and there has been some lightening, but very little. Please help!
You should not mess or pick up the pimples and it will help prevent scarring. There is no vitamin to prevent scarring. For the existing scars, Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing