Why is my face and scalp itching?

Okay, so this has been for the last few months...maybe late summertime, I have had the worst itching on my face. That's where it starts...then the itching goes to my scalp and all over within a couple days. I get swollen red face and bumps on my face as it gets worse. I started using Cortisone 10 the first time it happened and it really helped...but I was having to use it for daily use and it was thinning my skin and causing wrinkles...which I do not need at age 27.

Here's what I have tried that has NOT helped.
Benadryl, Zyrtec, Coconut Oil, Lavendar Oil, Eucerin, Aveeno, Changing Shampoo and Conditioner.

I don't believe it's emotionally caused like some said....like stress and such. Anybody out there with something common or some relief would be awesome. I feel like a dog with fleas the way I am scratching.