Why is my scalp oily just on the top?

I've noticed an oily/greasy patch on the top of my scalp right after my hair dries after shampooing. I've tried everything and the only thing I've found that works is T-Gel Shampoo and no conditioner on the spot that is greasy. It comes back occasionally, but it's been gone now for about 3 weeks. I've never heard of this problem before until I read about it on this website. I hope this helps someone else. I think that any Tea Tree oil shampoo would work, but T-Gel works the best for me. I'm wondering if this has something to do with hormones as I'm 47 and pre-menapausal (sp). It seemed that most of the people who commented were woman about that same age. Wish someone would do some research on this one.
There is no medical condition as such which causes oiliness of the hair, however hormonal changes during premenopause can cause such oiliness of hair. I would suggest you to clean your hair frequently with a mild shampoo(you can use the ones for oily hair) and don’t apply any conditioner on the hair.Also you can shampoo twice during each wash and apply shampoo on the scalp without piling the hair on top.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.