Will aldara cure molluscum?

Ok so i have Molluscum. The past few months I've been itching down in my groin area mostly on my shaft, but didn't know what it was. So finally i got the balls to goto the doctor and get it checked out. Well what do you know its Molluscum. Doctor prescribes me Aldara. It's been 1 week so far and it had already spread to my pubic area and a little on my happy trail. I'm trying to be calm about this but reading these forums is pissing me off. Not to mention that my girlfriend wants to have sex when she comes down from school. Looks like thats out of the picture. Well getting to the point, how long is this gonna take to get rid of them if i keep using aldara?

'Individual molluscum lesions may go away on their own and are reported as lasting generally from 6 to 8 weeks, to 2 or 3 months. However via autoinoculation, the disease may propagate and so an outbreak generally lasts longer with mean durations variously reported as 8 months,to about 18 months,and with a range of durations from 6 months to 5 years.

For mild cases, over-the-counter wart medicines, such as salicylic acid may shorten infection duration. Daily topical application of tretinoin cream ("Retin-A 0.025%") may also trigger resolution. These treatments require several months for the infection to clear, and are often associated with intense inflammation and possibly discomfort.

Surgical treatments include cryosurgery, in which liquid nitrogen is used to freeze and destroy lesions, as well as scraping them off with a curette.

Pulsed dye laser therapy for molluscum contagiosum may be the treatment of choice for multiple lesions in a cooperative patient '

You could read more about the condition at the following links -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum_contagiosum

and

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
I was diagnosed with Molluscum Contagiosum, it covered my genital area and went down my legs. The doctor said it would take 6 months to 2 years to get rid of it. Well guess what it took me two months. My dermatologist prescribed me Tretinoin which is a vitamin A acid, this helps but is in no way a "cure" for molluscum. The key people is to focus on your immune system. Eat lots of veggies, fish, healthy foods and take a multi vitamin. Molluscum goes away when your immune system kicks in. Because its not really a threatening virus your body wont recognize very fast. The other key thing which i cannot stress more is applying tea tree oil to the warts, twice a day when u get out of the shower, never use the same towel twice. You dont need to dillute it just put it on a cotton swab and gently apply it. Tea tree oil works by activating more white blood cells into your skin. Also use tea tree oil soap in the shower this really helps from keeping it spread. If your one of those with a very serious case of molluscum where it is all over your body id reccommend going to the dermatologist and having them scraped off this will help you keep control of them so you dont get any new ones. NOTE!!!!!!!! The Silvercure system aka molluscum.com is all a scam shame on those Fu***rs for taking advantage of desperate people. These people are also paying others to post things on forums saying it works dont listen to them! I hope this helps!