Yet another rash on both sides of groin

I have read quite a few posts that deal with this same issue. Mine is somewhat the same. I do have a light reddish rash on both sides of groin next to the scrotum for the past 2 months. They can be slightly itchy at times, but not usually. I noticed these some weeks after I purchased one of those exercise peddle units that's like riding a bike, but is used sitting down on a couch or kitchen table chair. I would use this every night while watching tv sometimes for 2 hours at a time. This leads me to think it's jock itch. I have tried some of the otc creams and ointments but no change. These symptoms also showed up after I started taking pills for high blood pressure. I also see a dermatologist and have been diagnosed with eczema last year for which I use clobetasol propionate to keep under control. I even tried it on the rash but only irritated it more. I now use Gold Bond powder and it seems to relieve the irritation but redness still remains. I have an appointment with my dermatologist, but that's 2 months from now. today is (4/29/12). I would appreciate any suggestions that might help until my Dr. visit.
Could be a heat rash. Give the area plenty of air regardless. Air helps many skin conditions. Use whatever creams/ointments that seem to help relieve it until you see the doctor.

Sensitivity to medications can also cause unwanted side effects.