a lump in the groin

hi ... for last many years like i can say 4 to 5 years, i have a lump in my right part of groin .. it looked grayish always, that made me think that it might be a mole or something, i was not botherd since it did not cause any problem to me ... it was a painless thing even if u press it ...

but for last few days i have been witnessing a swelling near by area ... making it like a bump or something ... like a big big pimple type. and now it pains also a bit ... my underwear string irritates the area and it is very uncomfirtable while walking or sleeping ...

what this could be ???? please could anyone help me out on this ??? i have got an appointment with the doctor after two days ... but i am anxious ...

srb

This discussion is related to Bumps on Inner Thigh.

The symptoms are suggestive of sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.