abscess or cellulitis

whats the difference between an abscess and cellulitis my doc put both on my summary n now my ankle has swollen in addition to my leg where the bump started is this normal whats happening to my leg and what can be done i have been takin my antibotics like clockward n besides drom the pain subsiding its seeming to get worse instead of better

Cellulitis is an acute infection of skin and soft tissues characterized by localized pain, swelling, tenderness, erythema, and warmth.It usually follows a break in the skin, such as a fissure, cut, laceration, insect bite, or puncture wound. An abscess is a tender, easily pressed mass generally surrounded by a colored area from pink to deep red. It is localized.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.