Dermatology Forum

acne, extremely oily face

I have acne since the age of 13, and I'm 21 now, ive tried every possible method, but they didnt help as much. i began to eat less spicy food and fast food also, but it didnt help much either. and now i think one of the reasons is that i have way too much oil on my face, it causes many breakouts. i also tried many oil control products, but they didnt seem to help much. ive also tried some medications that i saw on the internet, i ordered Zenmed, and i began to take it few days ago, but soon after i started it, my skin is unusually dry that my skin on my face, my neck, even my palms is peeling?! i dunno if thats the thing that caused me peeling? i dunno whats wrong with me. cuz nth seems to help.. please help!
Diet doesn't have much impact on acne.  Eating oil doesn't make your skin oily.  I don't know what's in Zenmed, but I can't think of any ingredients that would cause your palms to peel.  I recommend that you see a dermatologist.  There isn't any good way to make oil go away, but you can minimize the breakouts easily in most cases.  Meantime, I suggest that you avoid any potentially irritating products.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions