Dermatology Forum

acne marks

Every time I get a blemish, on my face or body, it leaves behind a red mark.  I never pick at them and simply let them dry out but once the swelling goes down and they are dry I have a red mark in it's place for months.  Is there anything I can do to prevent this?  My wedding is in two weeks and I have a large red mark right on my chest.
Thank you
There really isn't anything for redness, especially on the chest, that's likely to help in 2 weeks.  Topical Vitamin E, makeup, and avoidance of picking or rubbing are best.

Your skin doctor may be abl to recommend some topical treatment for the face (such as an antibiotic cream.)

Good luck!

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions