aldara advice!!! Molluscum

This is no question but rather a clarification. I have been using aldara for about a month and a half, and judgeing by the topics, several others need some guidence. I caught Molluscum contagium, maybe from the gym, maybe from sex who knows, who cares. I noticed some very small hybrid of pimples and warts in my gentital area. So of course, like most of you, I freaked. I am a healthy 21 year old male who has had a fairly modest sexual life (less than 10 partners, no one night stands). What you need to know about this infection is 1. its a virus 2. its basically an annoyinece,  nothing more 3. it looks worse than it is 4. you can get rid of it pretty fast, you don't have herpes or hiv, so grow up, its not a big deal.

Aldara: Its what the dermatologist recommended. I applied it for 14 consecutive days of which no new outbreaks occurred. I grew impatient as the 30 or so very small pimple like things did not go away like i thought they would. So i did some research and came up with my own approach. I bought some latex gloves and "popped" every single one of those fu<kers. It bleeds, it doesn't hurt. The important thing is to get the white core out and not let it touch your skin. This will probably take an hour. Then Take a shower. They say this can cause an infection. Really? Clean yourself afterwards and you will be fine.

I subsequently supplemented with Echinacea pills.  Aldara is an immune system activator, hence supplements to boost your immune system is a great asset. Two days later my skin became very red in this area, blisters stated to form and itchiness set in. And oh yea, my lymph nodes swelled up in the groin area. THIS IS IMPORTANT and GREAT! all of this is supposed to happen! because the medicine is speeding up your natural immune process which would have normally taken 2 years to complete, this is your body telling you it is healing rather than being dormant.

As of now, 1 month later, no new infections have broken out, and I am healed with some slight redness from the final stages of my body purging the infection. SO basically what I am writing this for is to clue all you in to a couple things. 1st: listen to your doctor. No matter what advice you get on these forums the doctor's advice will be superior. 8 years of medical school will do that, several hours of frantic forum searching will not. Secondly don't freak out with aldara. Its an immune system activator, and a wonderful advancement in virus correction. Let me explain. Before doctors had to burn or freeze the warts off in the hopes this would halt the infection, but the virus was still very much active. Aladra activates your immune system to actually combat the infection itself. I love the 21st century. In other words it speeds things up, which means you will see some nasty, though not very painful, reactions which is meant to signal your body to repair the area. Thats how your body works.

Anyways I hope this helps. Really don't freak out. Be smart about this infection. It will take a month or two but come on. You probably got it because you were careless in the sack, and one should probably think about this. Imagine you wake up tomorrow and you have HIV or cancer.  Your waking up to a wonderful tomorrow.
mike4686, are you OUT. Of your bloody MIND?

"Not very painful"?

My god you've gone completely 'round the twist. I NEED A FIRE EXTINGUISHER NOW.

What did you use for the pain, topical analgesics or vicodin? Because if you got any vicodin send them my way. BTW if you were on vicodin then it's cheating to comment on how it's "not very painful", but I'm speculating.

You're right about it not being as big of a deal as people could make it, however it's dishonest to mislead people about what they're in for with Aldara.

IT HURTS.

Expect it to. Aldara attacks the skin cells, that's part of how it works. Even healthy, surrounding tissue, so be CAREFUL when applying.

If the pain gets too bad, it is safe to apply topical burn cream with lidocaine, also recommended is "neosporin + pain relief" max. strength which you can get over the counter. Burns are very susceptible to infection, so the neosporin helps with that as well because it contains three different antibiotics. I checked with my pharmacist about this and that's how I know. I called him up demanding the fire be put out. He said he was surprised that the doctor didn't tell me how painful it would be. Even he says, "it HURTS", but that's what it's "supposed to do".

So yeah, blisters and burns mean it's working, but don't try to mislead people into thinking it's a picnic or a "slight nuisance". Not while I'm sitting here with my girlbits on FRIKKIN' FIRE.

Okay? You insult my pain. Apologize. And don't say it to me, say it to my ***.

"Not very painful"?

IT HURTS.

Okay? You insult my pain. Apologize. And don't say it to me, say it to my A5S.
To cure molluscum you are only supposed to use it 3 times per week! it says so in the instructions, and every medical website, and my doctor even told me this. AND you aren't supposed to use it on open sores. so no wonder you all are hurting so much. PLUS this is dangerous. USE MEDICATIONS AS DIRECTED! DON"T LISTEN TO MIKE! AAAAAAAAH!
Ok so i have Molluscum. The past few months I've been itching down in my groin area mostly on my shaft, but didn't know what it was. So finally i got the balls to goto the doctor and get it checked out. Well what do you know its Molluscum. Doctor prescribes me Aldara. It's been 1 week so far and it had already spread to my pubic area and a little on my happy trail. I'm trying to be calm about this but reading these forums is pissing me off. Not to mention that my girlfriend wants to have sex when she comes down from school. Looks like thats out of the picture. Well getting to the point, how long is this gonna take to get rid of them if i keep using aldara?
wow what a great way to cheer me hope, I hope it works!