bite or somthing else?

i have a spot like a pimple but it is hard and purple the skin around it is red and very iratated it is on my inner thigh  i am not sure what it is ? i think it may be a spider bite b/c my fiance got one last week very similar to mine it was even in close to the same area if it is relavent to a spider bite we live in south dakota if its not a spider bite what is it ?
Since you have drained out the pus, make sure to keep the area clean with topical antiseptics and apply topical antibiotics like Neosporin. Boils are caused by bacterial skin infection and bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.

the lines in the red area are from a bandaid i put on it to keep it from rubbing with my other thigh
From the symptoms it looks like a boil. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus
You should keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment and oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or Zyrtec are also useful if there is any itching. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics or incision and drainage may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

it popped and pussed down my legg and now is healing up  i added some more pics on my profile also my fiance got 2 of these before me would there be a reason we would both get boils ?