Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

blister forming inside skin

I have these blisters that appear at the tips and around the nails varying in size from pin-head size to as big as the lead of a #2 pensil. They usually don't rise above the skin, go away in a few days, white scab form over. The skin looks transparent. When they do rise above the skin, they are itchy and sometime sore. They are usually filled with clear liquid, then go away a few day, many layer of white scab form over. When i accidently pop it, usually from itching, I see the blister created a hole in the skin, but no blood. Occassionally, they get bigger, forming white runny pus inside and a bigger gauge/hole inside the skin. Sometime, they 10-12 blister on one fingers ranging in size clustering together. Most are small and go away unnotice, other time they get larger and itchy. My doctor said it's dermetitis and caused by stress. But I hardly stress and they come on all the time, it's just that I don't notice it unless they itch. At any time I check I fingers I see at leave one or two on my fingers. They are tiny and don't bother me. Small ones sometime I can't see well; they are very visible when my skin is wet.
I want to know what cause them and get rid of them permanently. I had this when I was 20. When started, all the blister ends up forming pus and they were bigger, creating a bigger, deeper hole into my muscle. When they scab over I can see the many different layer of the dermis. Now, they hardly get to that stage. I guess my immune system had it in check--almost. I'm afraid that when my immune system gets weeker as I age, these blisters will became a bigger problem and be out-of-control.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
It looks like dyshidrotic eczema to me. Pompholyx primarily involves the hands and fingers and then may involve the feet. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. Then the skin heals up, or the blistering may start again. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons.
For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Also use some good quality moisturizers on your hands.
If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done by a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions