Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

blister.

i've had a small white "blister" on my bottom lip for about a month.  i've had a cold sore in the past--plenty actually--but this is different; it's not oozing, it's not inflamed, it didn't start out as tiny blisters.  what could this be?  shamefully, i smoke (less than a pack a week, but still) and i was wondering if this could be related to that?

while we're on the topic, i've also developed a rather noticeable growth between my leg and my genitals, and it's not symmetrical.  it's just...  strange looking.  shortly thereafter i developed two reddish ones in the genital area as well and they seem to be permanent.  i've been tested for std's and have none; what could this be?  could the two be related?  

i'd appreciate your help, thank you.
2 Responses
Read my post.
As for the one in your mouth it is the polyester in the cig. filter.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/itchy-scrotum/show/1106719
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
From the symptoms it sounds like a fever blister or herpes sore but given your history of smoking the possibility of benign or malignant growth of the lips cannot be ignored. The growths on the genitalia can be seborrheic keratosis( a benign growth) or genital warts and a biopsy skin will help in confirming the diagnosis. So I would definitely suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get a biopsy done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope it helps. Take care and do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions