blisters

Last week my son had a blister from a pair of new shoes it has healed now, but in the last few days in the same spot as the blister something that looked like a pimple has poped up, between yesterday and today it has gotten biger and redish/purple can you tell me what this is?

This may be an underlying infection. Any opening or cut on the skin increases the chance of a bacterial skin infection to occur. This may be a superficial skin infection caused by a bacteria. Is the area itchy prior to the occurrence of the bump? Has your son been scratching the area while the blister has been healing?

This may not be something urgent. Topical antimicrobial creams may help. Have this assessed by your son's physician.Do not apply anything on the area without prior physician consult.

Keep the area dry and have it covered with a sterile and dry gauze. Do not let him wear socks or shoes for the mean time until the skin has dried and healed.