Dermatology Forum

body acne

I have been having lots of pimples appear on my chest of shoulders, occasionally a couple appear very big near my Manubrium.  there is pain because of where it is located.  How should i treat it.  Also, should I be worried about it, I have been reading about MRSA now and maybe I am making myself hysterical over nothing.    
Pimples on the chest and shoulders are usually acne.  I don't know why you're worried about MRSA, and don't see why you should be.  I advise you to cleanse with benzoyl peroxide--available without prescription--and that you consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Thank you for your help, I guess I was worrying because of all the news about it.  I will get the benzoyl peroxide.  I will try to see a doctor but still trying to obtain insurance.  
Once you have insurance your doctor can diagnosis this and, if necessary, prescribe an oral antibiotic which can be taken in addition to using a topical treatment like benzoyl peroxide. Join the Acne Forum for more advice and support.
Eloise.
A related discussion, Facial and Body Acne and Spots was started.
A related discussion, Chest / Back Acne was started.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions