bumps on arms

I have had little red bumps on my arms for over a year, the dr gave me some med for the scalp and told me to put it one every night. I did this 10 times or more and it never worked. They get better and I think It's gone, but it's back now worse than ever. They don't really itch  unless it's hot,

Miliaria, sweat rash or prickly heat, is a skin disease marked by small and itchy rashes. Miliaria is a common ailment in hot and humid conditions, such as in the tropics and during the summer season. It occurs when the sweat gland ducts get plugged due to dead skin cells or bacteria. The trapped sweat leads to irritation or prickling, itching and to a rash of very small blisters, usually in a localized area of the skin. Symptoms of miliaria include small red rashes, called papules, which may itch or more often cause an intense 'pins-and-needles' prickling sensation. These rashes may simultaneously occur at a number of areas on a sufferer's body, the most common including the face, neck, under the breasts and under the scrotum. Other areas include skin folds, areas of the body that may rub against clothing, such as the back, chest, and stomach.

It has been suggested that the use of topical antibacterials and antibacterial soaps may shorten the duration of symptoms in miliaria rubra even in the absence of obvious superinfection. Other topical agents which may reduce the severity of symptoms include anti-itch preparations such as calamine or menthol and/or camphor based preparations, and topical steroid creams. It would be best to discuss with your dermatologist which treatment is best for you.

Take care and keep us posted.