Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

bumps on scrotum dont know what it is

a while ago I noticed some bumps (5) on my scrotum and also there is some itching, so I went to the "free" clinic where they do STD testing, I had some blood tests, and visual test for HPV and Herpes, and non of the test were positive, Because they did not run actual test for HPV just visual, I tried home remedies by taking immune system booster and tried OTC wart freeze off.  I tried 2 times and the home freeze kit only killed off the "good" skin on the bumps,  the condition has not got any better or any worse for a several months so that probably rules out herpes, + the fact that bumps dont really blister up.  there is no large rash like I see on pictures of ringworm, just peeling bumps, so I dont know what it is.  the bumps kind of peel or scale once every 7 to 8 days.   If you scratch really hard, you can remove the entire bump and are left with some really red colored skin underneath.  then about 2-3 days later the red skin scabs over, then around the 6-8 day range a layer of skin or scab peels off. If you dont scratch the bump all the way off, the bump kinda looks like a white colored scab and then if you scratch it, a layer of skin will peel off and it looks to be about the same color as the surrounding skin for about 3 to 4 days, then eventually another layer of skin peels off again.  I am wondering if this is some kind of fungal infection, or actually some kind of peeling warts?  I have treated with OTC antifungals for 2 weeks and showing no signs of change, I'm assuming that I may have had the condition for several months before actually noticing it, as I am not sexually active for an embarrasing long time,   I would go to the doctor but I have been unemployed for 8 months and am on the verge of bankruptcy and I dont want another $500 doctor bill.  I would appreciate any ideas
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions