carpet beetles under scalp?

I have found carpet beetles and shampooed the carpets plus bagged and sprayed everything. I told the landlord and he acts oblivious like always. My hair started to itch and get crunchy like the carpet was getting before I shampooed it. It also is getting black when I have brown hair. I have bites on my scalp big ones that are hard limps that hurt and itch all in a group. I can see black bugs come out in the shower some times. When I go to the doctor they see nothing and thing I am crazy. I think this is because I just moved here so no one knows me and no one knows that my hair is not this black or course! He says that it is. He also says that I just have a lumpy scalp. No because I went through chemo and I have a smooth scalp. It is my body so I think I know. I hate when doctors try to tell me what my body looks like when I have been living in it all of my life. My question is because from a research stand point carpet beetles hide under flooring (carpet and linoleum or wood) and come up to feed, can or would they ever do this on a human's scalp because research says they do eat hair? It even states that taxidermists use them sometimes to get the hair off of animals. I can get my hair soft only briefly with olive oil or lavender lotion and lots of rubbing but then it is not more than an hour before starting from those bumps the hair gets all stiff and crunchy again. I am so scared. I already went through breast cancer and just want to be healthy. I am moving and hope things will be better but fear this infestation is on me! IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE DOCTORS WILL EVEN LOOK INTO THIS! I do have an appointment with a dermatologist and took some bugs into an entimamologyst at the university.

This discussion is related to Death by black carpet beetles..
Hello how are you doing now  I wanted to ask you what do these

Beetles  look like . You should get a white piece of paper and a rats tail comb and hold your head over the paper and scratch it on to the paper you can see what your working with I know how you feel when nobody believes you . I'm no :doctor but if
You soak in 100 % Epson salt lay down in the tub whole body  under the water that should help it works for me and I tried almost everything. Good Luck
is this safe?
After years of searching, I have finally identified a bug/larvae I've been seeing in my apartment. The last year I have suffered from scalp redness, tenderness, red spots, red bumps with salt like granules at the end of the hair, black blue looking hairs that are thin then texture gets thicker, tingling like crawling, itching and hair thinning, hair loss, oily flakey and irritated scalp, black dots underneath hair and over all itchy skin. I was diagnosed by a GP and a Derm with Seborrheic Dermatitis and put on a corticosteroid solution and dhs shampoo. After bloodwork I was diagnosed with iron deficiency and put on an iron supplement. Long story short I am now SHOCKED to learn about ANTHRENUS VERBASCI, carpet beetles known as fabric eating insects who feed on fabric, wool, pet hair, human hair, carpet fibers and live behind walls, baseboards, in the attic, in birds nests and around windows signaling infestation. Carpet Beetle Dermatitis is years of exposer developing hypersensitity. Testimonials from others have exact same symptons.....I was speechless!  I am just now starting the process of tryin to rid my apartment of these things, which I've read is not an easy task, they are every where and it's driving me crazy! I cringe of the thought of them being on me and my baby, my 4 lb chihuahua, Chloe. I have no clue how to rid myself and her of these. I need to take this to my Derm but I know she will think I'm nuts. I've often thought these were linked to my skin problems but wasn't able to figure out what they were until now. Today I find a tiny one inbedded in my skin..so now I'm thinking this is what is in my back also and it's blue around it! I also have red needle point dots all over and feel a stinging sensation alot. If anyone has any other information or experiences please share....my hair is getting thinner by the day and I am terrified by the time this is over I won't have any. PLEASE HELP!!
Has anyone experienced permanent hair loss, or was there re-growth once you moved to a safer location?
go to bug identifier, click fabric eating insects, click on carpet beetles. It shows all kinds of pics of adults and their larvea.
Do you have a link for bug identifier?  there are only a million of them online!
I have the same problem i also am infected with carpet beetles, i had 3 different exterminators come into my home to identify my bug problem, and they all said that in no way shape or form do these bugs even crawl on humans my 17 year old daughter thought i was going insane and phoned the cops on me and i was taken to the physc ward. They saw that i was infected with bugs and thought it was scabies and gave me a scrip for cream and then it was back again so i knew it wasnt that plus scabies leave leasions and line marks on the skin i did not have that. 3 people live in my home and no one else gets bit.but it is so bad on me and in me in my nipples vagina and inside my body under my skin i can see a clump under my skin move about as i blow dry hot heat on my body. it sickens me my daughter moved out. I have a micro scope now and i have shown my roommate the bugs larvea and she knows now i am telling the truth. Tomorrow i see my doctor and i hope like hell he can help me. This has been going on since August and both my littledogs are so itchy and sick and i feel so bad for them. I buiy lavender essential pure oil and put drops in all lotion and all shampoos and cream rinses. This helps keep them at bay.Windex sprayed all over the furniture and carpets kills them its the amonia. Also Borax take a large spice shaker and make the holes bigger with a knife fill it with Borax and shake the **** all over the carpet and the cracks of the walls meet floors and i mean solid white covering all carpet buy boxes of the **** put sheets down to walk on. As soon as the Borax touches one of those little ******* it cracks their skeletor backs and they die instantly. If you have any advise for me please help, i am going crazy, and i cant kill myself i want to live plus my kids dad already did that. I need help.
My name is Annie from Phoenix az I'm going crazy with these carpet nettles under my skin can you help me . In about ready to commit suiside .. I've spent all my money I've been to sever donors and hospitals they think I'm crazy please someone help me  
Have you gotten any answers or help with these critters yet? I am very interested as I myself have similar problems. Please contact me.
Sulfur shampoo, sulfur and MSM cream, zinc cream, tea tree oil, cortisone cream, hepa filters, vacuuming every day, lint rollers, diatomaceous earth, Fulvic acid, vinegar,
caterpillar bacteria and keen green… Don’t use harsch chemicals or bleach it will only make it worse. Stay healthy eat well and take mineral supplements.

I’m almost free of them after a month of intense battle.They gave me and my dog severe allergies and skin irritations. ( I’m using dog sulfur parasite shampoo)
Veterinary formula found on amazon.

I believe It’s a micro moth which has become resistant to common pest control products

Man I thought I was alone. I have been dealing with a bug issue since April 2013. After I was attacked by bed bugs on a work conference. I have lost my job. I went crazy. I can see the tiniest tinniest of bugs. My kids too thought I lost it.  I even got accused of doing drugs.  But test showed I was clean. I have been through so many phyc meds its not funny.  For months they kept telling me I had nothing. So my mental health became an issue.  I can feel them on my body, in my cloths.  I have destroyed my home, and hate to go anywhere. I have scrubbed everything from floor boards to ceilings.  Shampoo carpets steamed everything,  and still have issues.  I don't have any income now. To hire professionals. I feel sickening to let people come inside. I have gotten rid of all my furniture.  I have done the borax but I have grandbabies who live within me.  I am constantly checking them for bugs. Any other suggestions I would appreciate.  I am young and have worked since I was 15, raised 3 beautiful daughters. And now I am crazy.   According to the doctors.  I need help.