cold sore scar

i got a cold sore almost 2 weeks ago, and the scab is just starting to come off. It is a very hard scap, and some of them came off. I want to use Vitamne E to help with the pink lip on the corner of my lip, am scared is going to leave a scar and what should i do to prevent that.  

This discussion is related to Cold Sore Scar.

Don't forcibly remove the scab. This will just spontaneously fall off.  I suggest that you continue applying the moisturizer. At this point, we just want to avoid infections or further wounds in the area as this may lead to scarring. Do not pick or frequently manipulate the area. Use a mild toothpaste preferably one which contains less fluoride. Avoid spicy food and hot beverages. Cold sores should resolve spontaneously although there is a good chance this may recur.