dandruff

Sensitive to many things, I am looking for alternative treatments for dandruff and trying to understand the processes involved. I know that some ingredients in common treatments are said to 'slow the skin cell reproduction' but I would really like to understand how this actually happens. Is the over-fast skin production directly related to inflammation?

Also, looking at natural scalp treatments with carrier oils and essential oils I wondered if the essential fatty acids and natural proteins might be too healthy - if they encourage new cell growth?

What are the main issues with treatments... to reduce inflammation? to kill fungal infection? to balance sebum production? to unclog pores?

Your help with this I think would be invaluable in creating a good natural treatment.