A related discussion, Dark thin line on upper lip
Many years ago(20+) I had what I thought was a pimple on the bridge of my nose, that kept recurring. It always got very inflammed,red and with pus at times. I tended to make it worse by trying to pop it, that made it bleed. Sometimes it would help, but usually not. I finally got tired of it, and went to a derm. On my first visit, he took it off - I think with liquid nitrogen, but not sure. It was a long time ago, and I was young (about 21), so I didn't know what to ask about. My point is, I wish I knew exactly what I had, and if it was sent to pathology, and if it could have been treated another way, as I did end up with a scar - like a circular indentation. It has faded over the years, but still noticeable. I don't even remember going back for a re-check, but like I said, it was many years ago.
That makes me think even more than it's an inflammation, not a growth. It's best to leave it alone--no popping, etc. Really.
okay so i woke up this morning to find the center of it bludging with some sort of white substance. i tried to pop it, but it won't budge. it seems to be very deep rooted. i'm very confused.
1. what could cortisone do to help this? it is only the redness that it might help, or could it also possibly remove the bump in time?
It might flatten it a little. It also might cause an indentation that could last for a few months, so caution is advised.
2. two days ago some more skin peeled off of the center and that's when i noticed that the bump seemed to become even more swollen/larger and redder. it's been this way since. should i wait to see what happens, or should i make a sooner appointment with my doctor?
I think you should wait.
3. is laser the best way to remove this?
No, I don;t suggest you remove it at all. I think you should leave alone in every respect for about 3 months. There's a more than middling chance that it will go away by itself if ignored.
4. keeping in mind that i am Hispanic, what would be the best laser to use on this?
None. Even if you were Caucasian.
5. if i go through with the laser, should i have a dermatological surgeon or a plastic surgeon remove it?
I really don't think you should.
Some things are best waited out. It's hard, but it's best, especially on the nose, where you want to take no chances at all, of course.