dry and oily skin

I have had the following problem for 40 years and have only known one other person with similar problem who has long ago passed away.  My problem....  I have oily skin.  Which makes my skin disorder complicated to me.  I have flaky skin INSIDE my nose and ears.  It is also located behind my ears and next to nose, my eye brows, and my chin and beard areas.  I have a full trimmed beard to hide the problem.  My hair is also oily and i get very bad dry skin on my scalp.  Any ideas?  I seldom use any soap on my face, (maybe twice a year.)  I use Therapeutic T+Plus Gel Shampoo (coal tar) which helps.  HOWEVER, I don't use it on my face nor inside my nose or ears.  I have been using Betamethasone Va 0.1% Lotion (liquid) which burns.  There are no other famil members that have this.  Could i have picked up a problem while in Vietnam that cause this?
From your post the symptoms are suggestive of seborrheic dermatitis. It is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. People with seborrheic dermatitis produce too much sebum (the natural skin oil). Later, pityrosporum yeast grows excessively in the sebum, sometime along with bacteria, making the dermatitis more persistent.

Treatment usually involves use of antifungal, anti inflammatory and sebo suppressive or Keratolytic ingredients. Dermatologist also recommends the use of photodynamic therapy which involves the usage of UV- A, UV- B laser and red or blue LED light to inhibit the growth of the yeast and reduces the inflammation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.