dry skin with sores

I experienced what appeared to be extremely dry cracked skin on legs and buttocks which after a couple months presented with blisters. Also had one on foot. Doctor  took a culture for HSV2, which came back negative. I had never had an initial outbreak, so could that have been one for hsv2? It had been over a year since last sexual contact.
It does not sound like herpes but can be due to insect bite or allergic reaction. The other possibilities are phytophotodermatitis, erythema multiforme or bullous pemphigus (less likely). I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.