dry skin

from tha last one month.skin on penis is very dry........and a small red dots.which is making me to rub them............

This discussion is related to dry skin on penis.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
From the symptoms it can be dry skin, eczema or lichen sclerosus. Dry skin results when there is not enough water in the stratum corneum for it to function properly. Too much soapy water, exposure to harsh chemicals, the normal aging process and certain types of skin diseases are some of the causes of decreased amounts of protective skin oils which in turn causes dry skin.

The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If still the symptoms persisit then possibility of eczema has to be ruled out. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your valuable suggestions..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community