Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

ears get reddish and swollen randomly

My ears for some reason are getting too sensitive to touch/heat. immediately after shower or immediately after applying oil/cream, I find my ear(s) getting reddish and swollen temporarily. the swelling is very mild and can only be noticed with close look.The redness and swell can last for half hour - couple hours and then it will get back to normal.  During this time, the redness area can be itchy sometimes and I also see tiny blisters on ear and they also go away after a while. Somedays, it might get worse when I spend outdoors on a too hot/cold windy day and I use hydrocortisone.

Please check out the picture, the one on the left(reddish) is when I just came out of shower and on the right(normal) is after 30 mins.

I do not have a great insurance to visit a dermatologist and I am looking for advise online.

Thanks!
VJ
1 Responses
1340994 tn?1374197577
This is likely a food sensitivity or shampoo ingredient sensitivity.  I used to have this before I found out I have Celiac disease and had to stop eating gluten.  
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions