Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

golf ball size lump by hip

There is a golf ball size lump that literally showed up in a matter of hours and is tender to the touch. It is under the skin surface and there is no bruising. It is tender to the touch and will move slightly if I push it. But is very firm. If you were looking at me foward facing and my pelvis was a V the lump is at the top right on the front edge of the bone but not on the bone directly. I do not have health insurance I am a 20 yr old college student. I gave birth 4 months ago. I hope that covers most of it. Also 2 nights ago I had severe nasea and churning in my abodomen.  Also when giving me opinions please give me so no insurance options on how to approach this. Thank-you in advance.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
From the symptoms it looks like a boil or an abscess. Apply warm compresses on the lump and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil/abscess is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription as you need to take oral antibiotics for this.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions