Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

growths' on my face

so a long time ago i had this indention on my cheek the size of an eraser & then one day a small lump appered now another one has come up & now they are both the size of marbles the last one has been there 4 about 6-12 months , i had a nasty cavity extracted about  2 years ago , n since my molers have broke threw as they were embeded in my gums dont know if that may be a connection  ? the lumps move n seem to be in between skin , more annoying and are getting more noticeable . any insite will be greatly appreciated
2 Responses
Best to rule out periapical abscess related to the teeth which can track to skin.
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Without examination it is difficult confirming a diagnosis but it can be sebaceous hyperplasia or epidermal inclusion cysts.Epidermal inclusion cysts are flesh colored ,firm nodules with a central punctum and are usually found on the face of adults.Sevaceous hyperplasis is benign enlargement of the sebaceous glands surrounding a follicle and often with a central dent.
I sincerely suggest you to discuss these possibilities with your dermatologist as treatment is diagnosis specific.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions