Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.8k Members

hard painful lumps growing fast

hi.  I think I need help and I don't really know where to start or where to go. about a month ago I know the one hard lump in the middle of my back and some cyst on my wrist. I went in and they said I had ganglion cysts andn they just didn't know what the other lump on my back was from.I went in and had surgery on my other hand and the orthopedic said that I should see someone about the lump on my back. since the 24th I have acquired 3 more lumps on my back and side, on the right side they're very hard and very painful and when you push on them you can feel that both  me and anyone else who touches it... the 20 my side if you look at my skin you can see them the problem for me is that the hurting my back badly and I live in a small town and I don't have an appointment yet but anyone because people said that they can fit me in and I just don't know how serious this is and why they keep growing I have a fatty tissue one that's soft doesn't hurt but this is different and they hurt.... I apologize for the grammar and misspellings I have to use voice to text because of my hands so my apologies... thank you in advance for your help.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
It can be a boil or a cyst. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Treatment includes antibiotics and incision and drainage and do not touch or pick them up. Also apply warm compresses on the lump. If however the symptoms persist then get cellulitis ruled out from your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions