hypertrophic scar

I fell and my lip went into my button lip and the cut was very deep.  I did not get stitches.  It has happened 2 month ago.  Now I have a hypertrophic scar on my bottom lip.  It feel like there is liquid in it.  I want to know is there anything that will help it to go away.  There is discoloration also.  I am an African American.  Is there anything I can do so the bumb will go away on my lip or will it go away naturally?  It is causing me stress.

Hypertrophic scars are red bump like scars but do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound  and they often improve in appearance after a few years. Treatment options include silicon gel sheeting, steroid injections, dermabrasion, collagen injections and laser resurfacing. You can discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.