Avatar universal

i have a unusual rash on penis

i have a red rash around the head of my penis i have never been circumsized and now theirs this foul smelling odor and yellowish discharge when i pull back the foreskin. it doesnt hurt to urinate. this is the first time this has ever happened to me and i know people who are not circumsized get certain problems also it sometimes hurts to pull back foreskin

my hygeine is pretty good always pull back to wash warm water and soap

-read rash around head of penis
- fould smelling odor
- yellow discharge
- occasional pain when pulling back foreskin

This discussion is related to Rash on Penis.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
also i would post a photo (for better understanding but i dont know if thats allowed
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
From the symptoms it looks like balanoposthitis. Balanoposthitis is the inflammation of the foreskin and glans and can be caused by bacterial or fungal origins or by contact dermatitis.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
hello, i have noticed that on the right side of my penis head right on the rim there is a small redness on it. it is painless, does not itch at all. its been there for i would say a month maybe a little longer. sometimes when i look at it the redness isnt that bad, and some days it just gets a little bit more red. im wondering if it is just friction fro masturbating alot. and its a broken vessel. very concerned.

it does not look or have any of the symptons of herpes or anything like that. its like a pinkish some what oval shaped ring the is more noticeable in like with a some what defined shape. no pain, burning, blistering,itching, and its not raised or shiny.just some more further description. was going to maybe try some hydrocortizone cream
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions